If you are interested in the key features and foundational concepts of the Islamic financial system and institutions, or what distinguishes the Islamic financial system and its institutions from the conventional financial system, this course is for you.
No previous knowledge about Islamic finance is needed, but basic business knowledge is advantageous.
|Course Objectives||To develop in-depth understanding the Shari’ah fundamentals, key concepts, theories and principles of Islamic bank and finance with a through understanding of the central products and services the Islamic banking and finance industry offers.|
What Will You Learn?
- Examine the fundamental philosophies and Shari’ah framework of Islamic banking and finance;
- Explore the conceptual, historical and modern expansion of Islamic banking and finance;
- Explain the underlying principles and the practical aspects of Islamic financing contracts;
- Understand the concept, types and structures of sukuk;
- Understand the concept of Islamic insurance, it’s different operating models and business aspects;
- Understand the existence of risks in banking and finance and the concept of risks from Islamic perspective; and
- Understand the framework of the financial market and Islamic capital market.