The elementary level is intended for students with little or no prior exposure to Arabic. No sole method is selected to teach Arabic language’ rather, an integrated method on the basis of the learners has been applied to design the course. Hence, this course adopts a multi-level methodology that integrates the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing along with a wide variety of vocabulary, some much needed grammatical structures and some simple but significant conversations. Both, Arabic and Bengali language will be the teaching language used in class. To understand how basic interactions are run, this course covers up different issues related to daily life (e.g. greetings, introducing oneself and others, family members, describing professions, buying and selling at shop/market, foods, weather, schedules, and hobbies). Including 6 (monthly, quarterly, half yearly, annual) exams, a total of 70 classes will be conducted to achieve the goal of the elementary level. By the end of the course, students should be able to understand the Holy Quran (Partially), Hadith of Prophet (PBUH), Islamic Arabic books, to understand Arabic through listening, to speak, to read and to write confidently on some selected topics.
What Will I Learn?
- Developing the basic communicative skills in Arabic.
- Empowering the learners with the basic skills, strategies and the processes of listening, speaking, reading and writing of Arabic language.
- Giving an enriched vocabulary, different types of sentence structures and eloquent linguistic approaches.
- Ensuring the ability to understand the holy Quran, Hadith of Prophet (PBUH), Islamic Books and the developments in Modern livelihood.
- Enabling the learners to converse in Arabic language and to read and write in simple texts.